Thin Section Ball Bearings were developed for applications where space limitations are of the utmost importance. As the name implies, the difference between the inside and outside diameters of the rings has been minimized or thinned out. Of course this comes at a price by compromising load capacities. However, these bearings can still accommodate a relatively light radial thrust or combined loads.
NPB® Bearings has nearly 300 different models of thin section ball bearings organized into the following numerical series:
- ET/ER Series – Inch dimensional series with bore sizes ranging from 3/8” to 1-5/8”
- 6700 Series – Metric dimensional series for very limited space applications and very light loads
- 6800 Series – Metric dimensional series for limited space applications and light loads
- 63800 Series – A hybrid between the 6800 and 6900 Series with the load capacities of the 6800 series but the width of the 6900 series.
- 6900 Series – Metric dimensional series for limited space applications and heavier loads
Thin Section Bearings Design
NPB®’s Thin Section Ball Bearings are produced open, shielded, sealed or with various combination of closures. ABEC-1 through ABEC-9 precision levels are also available on most models. The standard material is 52100 Chrome steel but they are also available in stainless steel. Also, virtually all metric series models are available with a flange for mounting if desired.
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from NPB® Bearings as part of our Bearing Services designed to make your job easier.